Call for Papers
About the BI Forum
The Budapest BI Forum is a combination of two successful analytics events held in the capital of Hungary. Building on the best traditions of the Hungarian Open Source BI Conference and the Innovative BI Conference, the BI Forum provides a unique opportunity to learn about analytics in a great location.
The conference is organized by BI Consulting Hungary, a consulting company specialized in business intelligence and data warehousing. We have been running DW/BI related events and trainings since 2008. Our flagship events are the Budapest DW Forum in June and the Budapest BI Forum in November.
What are the topics?
The topics covered by the conference include, but not limited to the list below:
- Open Source analytics DW and BI software
- The R language
- Data processing and analytics in Python
- Open Data and its applications
- Data Visualization and Exploration
- Cloud BI solutions
- Social Media Analytics
- Self-service BI
We welcome several kinds of talks. Some (partly fictional) examples from our past conferences:
- Case studies for analytics projects. Example: “How I analyzed Twitter data to forecast the summer weather” or “Using dashboards to Monitor Everything at Initech”
- Introductions to tools, languages, and libraries useful for data scientists. Example: “Introduction to D3.js” or “Clojure: a secret weapon for analytics”
- Best practices and tips-and-tricks presentations. Example: “10 things you should know about R” or “The most useful libraries for processing data with Python”
A full speaking slot will be 40 minutes long. We also plan to have a limited number of 15-minutes-long quick talks.
What are the perks?
If you get selected as a speaker at Budapest BI Forum 2013, here’s what you get:
- Travel to Budapest covered. If needed, we would pay for your plane or train ticket. We are happy to assist with booking your itinerary.
- Conference ticket. The selected speakers receive free registration to the whole conference.
- Stay in Budapest covered. We would also book and pay for your accommodation at or near the venue.
- VIP room for the speakers. We provide a VIP room for speakers where you can prepare your presentation and meet with other speakers
Note: If your employer can cover your travel and hotel, we are happy to list them as a contributing partner of our conference. The money we save will be used to make the conference more awesome.
How to apply?
If you are interested to become a a speaker, please fill in our online application form:
Call for Papers application form for the Budapest BI Forum
The deadline for the CFP applications is 15 September 2013
The applications received by the organizing committee are evaluated and they always get back with the results. Assessment deadline: Mid-September 2013
If you have any question, Bence Arató, the program chair of the conference would be happy to help. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org